Friday, July 29, 2016

Schoolboy in Namibia invents phone that doesn’t use airtime




hands-coffee-smartphone-technology

A Namibian schoolboy in the country’s Ohagwena Region has come up with a sim-less mobile phone that does not require airtime to make calls.

The Grade 12 learner, Simon Petrus, a pupil at Abraham Iyambo Senior Secondary School created the phone using spares from a phone and television set, New Era reports.
Complete with a light bulb, fan and charger socket, the handset functions off power supplied through a radiator and is able to make calls to anywhere through the use of radio frequencies.
The invention, which is made up of a radio system, is attached to a box and also allows the user to view one TV channel on it.
Petrus is reported to have won a gold medal at national level last year for his invention of a two-in-one machine that that works as both a seed drier and cooler.
His invention of two years has been highly sponsored by his unemployed parents, the schoolboy admitted and he hopes the invention would be successful and be able to be carried further.
The development marks the latest in a series of innovative projects by students within the southern African nation.
Joshua Nghaamwa, a self-taught inventor, is reported to have created a satellite using parts from radios, cellphones and other electronics, The Namibian reports.
The satellite, believed to strengthen internet connectivity, is small enough to fit in a laptop bag and has a USB port that allows it to be connected to a modem, router or cellphone, increasing internet speed and allows for a better online experience.
Nghaamwa says he wants to introduce the device throughout the African market, so as to boost ICT on the continent.

Police release 911 call made before Charles Kinsey shooting

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Muuqaal laga Ooyo gabdho yar yar oo soomaali ah oo loo waday ...

Dugsi Male Qabyaaladi (Anas 9Jir)

Anas Yare oo qaadaya gabay qiiro badan iyo heesta hoooyo BY SNTV

Deg Deg Qarax aadan cadde airport Daawo

Qarax Ka Dhacay Garoonka Diyaaradaha Ee Muqdisho | Alshabaab 26/07/2016

SL Oo Shaaca Ka Qaaday In Qaadka Miirowga La Keeni Doono & Kenyo Shegtay...

Daawo Somaliya Qarnigan Lajoogo Dib Ugu Noqtay Gacanta gumaysiga Recolon...

Xildhibaankii isqarxiyay Oo Waraysi Dardaaran Iska Si Dubay Farin Udiray...

Dr Xamse oo danyarta bilaash ku daweeya - Meet Dr Xamse who treats the p...

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Turkey: Crowds celebrate on tanks after coup falters

Turkish Fishermen Rescued 18-Month-Old Syrian Refugee Boy Found Floating...

TURKISH PEOPLE SAVES THEIR COUNTRY TONIGHT ,Türk halkının ülkelerini kur...

Coup attempt in Turkey

Witness: We are on lockdown in Istanbul

لحظة القبض على أحد قادة محاولة الانقلاب الفاشلة في تركيا ويعطي الأوامر ل...

كلمة أردوغان "كاملة" وسط حشد من جماهيره في اسطنبول بعد فشل محاولة الانقل...

متابعة حية لأحداث تركيا اليوم بعد التحرك العسكري التركي ضد النظام

من هم مدبرو الانقلاب في تركيا 2016

3 ruux Ilaahay lama hadli doono Qiyaamda khutba 15 7 16 Sh Moh...

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

IFTIINSHE / Yaxye Cabdi Cali Yeebaash " Qaab tebinta aragtiyaha "

Boko Haram's other human tragedy: malnutrition

Sheekh Maxamed Ismaaciil - Tafsiir Suuratul Acraaf 1-21

Sahay Aakhiro Xalqada 14 Sh.Maxamed Ismaaciil

Medina explosion: Suicide bombing near Saudi holy site


BBC NEWS




A suicide bomber has killed four security officers and injured five others near one of Islam's holiest sites in the Saudi city of Medina, according to the interior ministry.
The bomber detonated his explosives after being stopped outside the Prophet's Mosque, a statement said.
The mosque is the burial place of the Prophet Muhammad and Medina the holiest city in Islam after Mecca.
Suicide blasts also struck two other Saudi cities on Monday.
The fact that an attack happened in Medina at such a place is likely to leave Muslims around the world aghast, BBC World Service's Middle East editor, Alan Johnston, says.
Suspicion is likely to fall on so-called Islamic State (IS), he adds.
Al-Arabiya gave a different account of the incident, saying the bomber had targeted the security officers by pretending he wanted to break his Ramadan fast with them.
Qari Ziyaad Patel, 36, from South Africa, who was in the mosque, told the Associated Press news agency people had at first thought it was the sound of the cannon fire that marks the breaking of fast.
The ground shook, he said, adding: "The vibrations were very strong. It sounded like a building imploded."
Smoke rises behind the Prophet's Mosque in Medina

Image copyright EPA/Saudipressagency
Image caption The site is one of Islam's holiest
Earlier, at least one explosion rocked Qatif, an eastern city which is home to many minority Shia Muslims.
The blast appeared to target a Shia mosque. The attacker was killed but no other casualties were reported.

Why IS attacks during Ramadan? By Shiraz Maher, King's College, London

Ramadan is traditionally viewed as the most holy and spiritual month in the Islamic calendar, a time of penance and temperance.
Mosques are consequently fuller than usual, typically packed with worshippers seeking divine mercy and blessings.
Juxtaposed alongside that ascetic puritanism is the view of radicals who regard Ramadan as a month of conquest and plunder.
They believe it is an opportune moment to double down on their millenarian war against civilisation and therefore launch more attacks than normal.
Read his full analysis

A suspected suicide bomber also died after detonating a device near the US consulate in the city of Jeddah in the early hours of Monday. Two security officers were slightly injured as they tackled the man, but no-one else was hurt.
No-one has yet said they were behind any of the attacks

Suicide bombers attack across Saudi Arabia including mosque in Medina

the guardian

Attackers kill four at Medina mosque housing Muhammad’s tomb and also strike outside the US consulate in Jeddah and in Shia-majority Qatif

Aftermath of suicide bombing at holy site in Medina, Saudi Arabia
Suicide bombers killed four Saudi security forces on Monday in an attack outside the Prophet’s Mosque in Medina, one of the two holiest sites in Islam, in an escalation not seen for decades.
The bombings, which hit a car park near the sprawling mosque complex, were the latest in a run of attacks in the kingdom on Monday . They took place a day before the Eid al-Fitr festival marking the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
In the early hours of the day, Saudi officers foiled an attempted bombing near the US consulate in Jeddah, while a suicide bomber struck a mosque in the Shia-majority province of Qatif shortly before sunset.
Images circulated online showed smoke near the mosque, while a video showed two police officers lying near a car park with flames billowing nearby. Five people were wounded.
Every year millions of Muslim pilgrims from around the world visit the mosque, which was founded by Muhammad in the 7th century and contains his tomb as well as those of the first two caliphs, Abu Bakr and Omar. The adjacent grounds of al-Baqi’ contain the remains of many of the prophet’s companions, who were buried in Medina. The mosque complex is second only to the Grand Mosque in Mecca in its reverence by Sunnis and Shias.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack, but the bombings in Qatif and Jeddah were consistent with the modus operandi of Islamic State in its targeting of Shia Muslims and US representatives, as well as Saudi interests.

Altayeb Osama, a 25-year old Sudanese visitor to Medina and resident of Abu Dhabi, said he heard two large booms about a minute apart as he was heading toward the mosque for sunset prayers. “It was very shocking that such a thing happens in such a holy place for Muslims, the second holiest place in the world. That’s not an act that represents Islam.”
Local media say the attacker was intending to strike the mosque when it was crowded with thousands of worshippers gathered for the sunset prayer.
Over the past week, Isis has claimed responsibility for significant attacks in Baghdad, Istanbul and Dhaka, apparently looking beyond its strongholds in northern Iraq and Syria following repeated defeats on the battlefield. The group has urged attacks against the Saudi government on many occasions.
But the attack near one of the holiest sites in Islam is a major escalation in its campaign.
Iran on Tuesday condemned three suicide bombings that rocked its regional rival. “There are no more red lines left for terrorists to cross. Sunnis, Shias will both remain victims unless we stand united as one,” its foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, said on Twitter.

Friday, July 1, 2016