Friday, March 29, 2013

Girl, 14 raped by two men on bus in Pollok, Glasgow

Buses at Silverburn 
 The attack happened after the bus left the Silverburn shopping centre in Pollok
Investigations are continuing after a teenage girl was raped by two men on a double decker bus in Glasgow.
The attack happened on the top deck of the 57 bus as it left the Silverburn shopping centre in Pollok, Glasgow, at about 22:30 last Friday night.
The 14-year-old sat downstairs with a friend but then moved to the upper deck where she was assaulted and raped by two men.
Police have appealed for other passengers to come forward.
Detectives said the girl engaged in conversation with two men who had boarded the bus in the city centre.
Her friend, also 14, went up to see her and raised the alarm with passengers downstairs.
A woman and two men came to the girls' aid. They all left the bus two stops along from Silverburn.
The passengers are said to have waited with the girls until they got another bus home, thought to be in the Darnley area of the city, where police were contacted.
'Frightening experience' No CCTV footage is available from the bus.
Both of the attackers are said to be aged around 18 to 20.
One is about 5ft 10in, with a shaved head and wearing a black jumper.

Start Quote

She has been left traumatised by her ordeal”
Det Con Jackie Carroll Strathclyde Police

The other man has brown, spiky hair and was wearing a tracksuit which may have been grey, with a body warmer or jacket.
Det Con Jackie Carroll of Strathclyde Police said: "This was a very frightening experience for the young girl concerned, and thankfully she was assisted by her friend and the Good Samaritans on the bus who ensured she got home safely.
"She has been left traumatised by her ordeal.
"We're continuing extensive enquiries into the incident, and would like to trace two men and woman who came to her assistance, as they will have vital information which could help with our investigation."
Police said the two men were very loud and using crude and lewd comments to other passengers.
The bus driver ejected them at Pollokshaws Road, near to the park, at about around 00:30 hours.
A spokesman for bus operator First Glasgow said: "Our thoughts are very much with the victim of the assault."
"We are assisting the police with their investigation and would echo their appeal for anyone to come forward who may have information about the incident.
"The safety and security of our staff and passengers is our number one priority and we will continue to do everything we can to help the police apprehend the perpetrators."

No comments:

Post a Comment